The Siena College Daily Digest system consolidates all announcements and campus-wide messages into a single daily digest. The Digest contains submitted posts sorted by selected category. The individual posts include a title, with a link to the full announcement, accompanied by a brief description of up to 140 characters. Each post will run once in the prominent section of the Digest but, at the author’s direction, will appear in the “In Case You Missed It” section for up to three additional days. The Digest is distributed daily seven days a week.
Please remember that all human subjects research/surveys require Institutional Review Board (IRB) review/approval!
Sending a Campus-Wide Announcement
Members of the Siena College community can have their relevant news and event messages distributed via the Digest to two broad distribution target audiences: Students and Faculty/Administrators/Staff (FSA). One or both distribution lists may be chosen depending on the announcement’s intended audience.
How to Create a Digest Posting:
- Web Submissions must be submitted no later than 3 p.m to appear in the next day’s Daily Digest. Any requests received after 3 p.m. will be processed the following business day for distribution the day after.
- A post submitted at 2:55 p.m. on a Wednesday will appear in the Thursday Daily Digest
- A post submitted at 3:05 p.m. on a Wednesday will appear in the Friday Daily Digest
- Login with your Siena credentials at https://dailydigest.siena.edu/websubmissions
- Chrome or Firefox are suggested for full functionality
- Select the digest(s) you want your post to appear in (Students and/or FSA)
- Select a category for the posting (“Miscellaneous” is the default if none selected)
- Complete corresponding fields as appropriate. If event date and times are filled in, the Digest will include an “Add to Calendar” button automatically.
- The "Repeat Message" option allows a message to reappear in the Digest for up to three additional days in the “In Case You Missed It" section.
- “Scheduling” allows the author to schedule a future date for the announcement to appear in the Digest (not needed or permitted for immediate distribution the next day).
- Create your content directly in the editor or use copy and paste commands to bring external content into the editor (Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V are supported in Chrome and Firefox).
- Images and files should be resized so that they are under 5MB in size. The overall size of all images and attachments should be under 20MB or e-mail applications will have trouble with them.
Your post will be viewed by numerous users using a wide variety of operating systems and devices. Avoid common illegal directory and filename characters as listed below:
- Verify content and submit digest.
How to review your Digest posting
- Within a half hour of sending your message you should receive an email confirmation of your Digest submission. That email contains two important links:
- A link to preview your Digest posting as it will appear online
- A link to delete your Digest posting if you find issues with your posting
- NOTE: You cannot delete your message once the morning Digest has been sent out.
- Messages should pertain to news, events, and information concerning Siena College and be of interest to the intended audience(s).
- The following types, or similar, messages are not appropriate for the Digest:
- Messages intended for subsets of the target audience or specific offices or departments
- Commercial messages or “For Sale” or “Wanted” notices
- Lost and Found notices
- Each request should be thoroughly proofread for grammar, spelling, punctuation and for accuracy, especially for dates, times, places, and contact information. Announcements will be released “as is.” The integrity of the message is your responsibility.
- All announcements and information must pertain to Siena College business or sponsored events.
Digest Best Practices
- Create a title that includes a brief description that accurately reflects the content. For example: “Sociology lecture Friday at 3 p.m.” is better than “Join us on Friday.”
- Provide alternative image text if you are submitting an image as a flyer.
- Be sure to add a hyperlink to the image if your image includes a hyperlink .
- Include the name(s) of any sponsoring organization(s) in the body of the announcement.