*Please be aware that Google has select sending limits on bulk email to prevent abuse.
The Yet Another Mail Merge website provides detailed instructions on the use of this tool.
- Start up Google Sheets
- In a new sheet, enter the field names (column names) that you want to use in the mail merge. For example:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Last Name
- Enter the data for each column. You should have a sheet with both field names (column headings) and rows of data for your mail merge
- In the sheet, go to Add-Ons menu > Get Add-Ons > search for Yet Another Mail Merge (YAMM)
- Install YAMM, Accept
- YAMM will start up
- Insert the name of the recipients label (normally the email address field or column name)
- Select a Draft Message or use a built-in template (templates are good starting points)
- In the draft message, leave the recipient email empty, and customize the email text
- To insert field names from the google sheet, use chevrons (greater than and less than) symbols to enclose the field name.
- <<Email Address>>
- <<First Name>>
- <<Last Name>>
- Go back to YAMM: Google Sheets > Add-Ons > YAMM
- Choose an Option:
- Start Mail Merge
- Import Contacts from Group
- Check Remaining Quota
- Start Mail Merge, and choose your template. NOTE: you can check/uncheck "Track Emails Opened" or "Send a Test Email"**
- Now, click the Send Emails button. A popup window plus a Merge Status column in your Google Sheets merge document will show EMAIL_SENT
- When the email is opened by a recipient, the google sheet will update to show a shaded column entry as EMAIL_OPENED
- **It's a good idea to send a test message to yourself and a few colleagues to verify your message and the process are configured as you would like. Also, we recommend that you include yourself in the Google spreadsheet as recipient for the mail merge document to verify the submission.
Send as Another Email Address
To request "Send As" access to a Siena email account, complete the following steps: