Give another user access to your contacts
You can give other users in Siena permission to access and manage your contacts. These users can add and update your contacts with information, for example, names, phone numbers, and addresses. Granting access to your contacts does not grant access to your email account.
- Be signed in to your Siena Google account.
- Be on a computer, not a phone or tablet.
- Open the Contacts Manager (also calledNew Contacts and Contacts Preview).
Delegate your contacts
If you want another person to manage your contacts, share your contacts with them.
The users you invited can now access your My Contacts group.
Manage contacts delegated to you
If someone else in your organization gives you access to their contacts, you can manage their contacts from your account.
- Sign in to Gmail using your Siena account.
- Open the Contacts Manager.
- At the top left, click Menu Delegated contacts, and click the name of the person who delegated their contacts to you.
- While the person’s name is selected, contacts you add or edit appear in their contacts. You also see their contacts in searches and when typing in address fields (but not in Gmail, auto-complete, or other searches). When you click another contact name, other users contacts no longer appear.
What you can do with delegated contacts
There are some limitations to the actions you can perform when contacts are delegated to you.
- Print contact information
- Import contacts
- Export contacts
- Find and merge duplicates
- Restore contacts
Delegate Contacts with Delegated Email Accounts
Delegated email account access does NOT automatically provide delegated contact access. Please contact the ITS Help Desk if you need delegated contact access with a delegated mailbox.