- Before turning on this protection feature, please take time to learn more about possible issues with 2-Step Verification.
- Be prepared to complete the setup process in its entirety.
- Visit g.co/2sv, log in with your Siena College username and password, click Start Setup and complete the 2-step verification settings (When asked for your mobile number just use area code and phone number without a leading "1").
- We strongly encourage you to perform the following steps while you enable 2-step verification. These steps will prevent you from being locked out of your account in the event you lose your primary means of receiving verification codes.
- Add at least one backup phone number where the verification code can be sent.
- Print out the one-time use backup codes that Google provides and keep them with you. These can be used in place of the generated codes if your phone is not available.
- Application specific passwords will need to be created to connect (or stay connected) to your Google account for the following devices:
- Devices running Android 2.3.x or older
- Apple IOS devices
- Email clients (Thunderbird, Outlook, Mac Mail, etc.)
- Instant Messengers (Pidgin, Adium, etc.)
- Setup only takes a few minutes.
- Again, please be sure to review the entire setup process before configuring your account: Configure 2-Step Verification