- Your office computer must be powered on and the sleep settings must be disabled in order for you to connect to it remotely using Remote Desktop.
- You must enable 2-Step Verification in Google authentication prior to setting up Chrome Remote Desktop. Instructions for that process can be found at: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839
- You must be using your @siena.edu Google account.
- Ensure that the office computer locks after a period of inactivity.
Chrome Remote Desktop - Host Setup
If you have already setup the host computer, you can simply follow the below instructions:
Using Chrome Remote Desktop - Setting Up Remote Access to your office Mac desktopto Access your Computer Remotely
After installation is complete on your office computer, you can use another computer to access your desktop remotely.
- Launch Chrome from the computer you want to use to connect.
- Navigate to https://remotedesktop.google.com. Click on Remote Access.
- Sign in to your @siena.edu Google account if prompted. You should see your office computer as you named it in your “Remote devices” list. If you don’t see anything be sure you’re logged into your @siena.edu Google account. If you login to multiple Google accounts (if you have a personal @gmail.com account) you may need to click on the circle in the upper right corner and choose your @siena.edu account.
- Click on your computer. Provide the PIN number that you had created at setup.
- You are now remotely connected to the host computer.